Connecting console port using tab


Peace,

This time my question was unanswered by Google. May be the thing I am looking for does not exist (till date).

Since the world of computing is changing so fast, PCs being replaced by laptops, and now laptops being replaced by tabs, etc. I wanted to know if I can connect a tab(ipad/Galaxy tab or any other android tab ) to console port of a switch/router.

Although there are apps like PuTTy in App Store and Android Market, and I know there are USB ports on tabs and there are Serial-to-USB converters available in market. But are there any drivers available for those converters designed for any tabs? In short, can I connect to switch/router's console port using tabs?

Comments

  1. You can get the necessary cable from places like http://www.get-console.com/ for the iPad

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DAv6d8u80

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is the difference between BackTrack and Kali Linux?

How to get shortcodes (plugs) for zeebizzcard theme working

HP ProCurve VRRP with different Physical and Virtual IP address